The AnimationCareerReview.com "Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship Program
ACR is proud to announce our third annual "Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship Program. Our goal for this program is twofold:
- To promote animation and its related fields as a career path for young people
- To encourage aspiring animation professionals to research and understand what a career in animation requires.
Our program offers a scholarship opportunity to high school seniors in the US.
Scholarships will be awarded to a high school senior who:
- Intends to pursue an animation related field at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
- Has a demonstrable record of academic success.
- Has a passion and drive for an animation and/or design related career.
- Scholarships may be used at any accredited post-secondary school or college.
- Selection is based on the students high school academic performance combined with the student's application essay.
- Selection is determined by the AnimationCareerReview.com staff.
- Scholarship is a one-year non-renewable scholarship.
- Application and essay are submitted online at www.AnimationCareerReview.com.
- A single $1000 scholarship will be awarded.
The scholarship is limited to high school seniors in the US pursuing an animation related degree program at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Animation related fields include, but are not limited to, the following programs:
- 3D Animation
- 3D Graphics
- Computer Animation
- Digital Art
- Digital Design
- Digital Media
- Digital Video
- Graphic Design
- Electronic Art
- Electronic Media
- Entertainment Art
- Game Animation
- Game Art
- Game Design
- Game Development
- Game Management
- Game Production
- Interactive Design
- Motion Graphic Design
- Studio Art
- Virtual Modeling
- Visual Effects
- Visual Communications
- Web Animation
- Web Design
There are two steps to the application process:
Step 1: Applicants must submit an application via the scholarship application form on AnimationCareerReview.com.
Step 2: Applicants must submit an original 500-1000 word essay on the following topic:
What specific skill do you most want to develop?
Essay is submitted via our scholarship application page and MUST include your name and contact information (so we know whose application goes with which essay!).
Deadline for applications is June 1, 2014. Scholarship winners will be announced in July 2014 and the scholarships paid in August, 2014.
Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- ACR reserves the right to reject any scholarship application for any reason at its sole discretion.
- All essays will be subject to review for plagiarism and/or fraud.
- Once submitted, essays become the full property of AnimationCareerReview.com.
- AnimationCareerReview.com reserves the right to publicly announce/promote scholarship winners on its web site and in related press releases and media outlets.
- Scholarship winners must provide proof of college/school acceptance before scholarship funds will be disbursed.
- Students who submit scholarship applications will not be marketed to by AnimationCareerReview.com in any way nor will their names or contact information be sold to third parties.
Congratulations to the 2013 Scholarship recipient.
Congratulations to the 2012 Scholarship recipients.