Find a school near you!
Animation? Design? Game Art?
How to Become a Video Game Designer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Animators and video game designers all around Sioux Falls, South Dakota are carving out exciting careers in these lucrative, high-tech fields. With a population of more than 150,000, Sioux Falls is a prime location for skilled designers looking for work. All sorts of companies throughout South Dakota hire video game design experts. The majority of these jobs are in Sioux Falls.
Sioux Falls Schools and Training Programs for Video Game Design
Some up-and-coming video game designers are communications majors with special focus on digital media. Others might study programming with emphasis on animation. Some major in math with a minor in game theory. Many even design their own degree programs.
Residents of Sioux Falls, South Dakota seeking degrees in animation or video game design typically attend Southeast Technical Institute. Other schools offer similar training and degree programs online. The most well-attended of these are The Art Institutes, University of Phoenix, DeVry and ITT Tech.
Working as a Video Game Designer in Sioux Falls
Professional video game designers in Sioux Falls, South Dakota often earn great pay doing work they enjoy. Obviously, the designer's income varies with factors like education, experience, effort, talent, performance, productivity and many more factors. According to a recent employment study, the income for a U.S. animator or video game designer ranges from about $35,000 to more than $200,000 per year. However, this study did not include the mysterious incomes of self-employed designers.
Businesses in Sioux Falls, South Dakota hiring video game design pros include software publishers, mobile phone service providers, colleges, graphic design firms and animation studios. Some Sioux Falls designers are employed by local ad agencies like Henkin-Schultz, Lawrence & Schiller, K-A Enterprises and Paulsen Marketing. Other local designers team up with Sioux Falls motion picture producers like Dunamis Productions, Etten, Outsound or Spectrum Films.
Much is expected from video game design professionals. Employers invest time and money in scouting design talent from a large pool of eager, qualified applicants. A degree and related experience are the usual requirement, even for entry level positions. However, businesses sometimes hire self taught professionals and highly motivated beginners.
Not all video game designers work for a firm, thanks to an overwhelming selection of private businesses and websites in need of interactive animation. Video Game Designers often do freelance work, make their own schedules and telecommute. Some work as independent contractors for corporations. Some design and sell games independently. Some build game-related websites.
Recommended Skills for Video Game Designers
A video game designer develops an idea for a video game by programming rules, time limits and a basic scoring system. The designer may then enhance the game with special features like puzzles, tricks, quizzes, maps, mazes, traps, obstacle courses and other increasingly difficult challenges. The designer also creates the artwork (and/or consults with professional animators) to capture the visual style most appropriate to the game.
Animators and video game designers study math, computer science, engineering, game art, digital media, communications and all kinds of other useful topics. The big idea is the development of popular, action-packed interactive products, screaming with mainstream appeal.
- Find a School
- Animation Programs
- Find Schools with Animation, Design, & Gaming Programs
- Schools & Colleges
- College Outreach
- Alabama - Kentucky
- Alabama Animation Schools
- Alaska Animation Schools
- Arizona Animation Schools
- Arkansas Animation Schools
- California Animation Schools
- Colorado Animation Schools
- Connecticut Animation Schools
- Delaware Animation Schools
- District of Columbia (DC)
- Florida Animation Schools
- Georgia Animation Schools
- Hawaii Animation Schools
- Idaho Animation Schools
- Illinois Animation Schools
- Indiana Animation Schools
- Iowa Animation Schools
- Kansas Animation Schools
- Kentucky Animation Schools
- Louisiana - North Dakota
- Louisiana Animation Schools
- Maine Animation Schools
- Maryland Animation Schools
- Massachusetts Animation Schools
- Michigan Animation Schools
- Minnesota Animation Schools
- Mississippi Animation Schools
- Missouri Animation Schools
- Montana Animation Schools
- Nebraska Animation Schools
- Nevada Animation Schools
- New Hampshire Animation Schools
- New Jersey Animation Schools
- New Mexico Animation Schools
- New York Animation Schools
- North Carolina Animation Schools
- North Dakota Animation Schools
- Ohio - Wyoming
- Ohio Animation Schools
- Oklahoma Animation Schools
- Oregon Animation Schools
- Pennsylvania Animation Schools
- Rhode Island Animation Schools
- South Carolina Animation Schools
- South Dakota Animation Schools
- Tennessee Animation Schools
- Texas Animation Schools
- Utah Animation Schools
- Vermont Animation Schools
- Virginia Animation Schools
- Washington Animation Schools
- West Virginia Animation Schools
- Wisconsin Animation Schools
- Wyoming Animation Schools
- Careers in Animation
- Animation Firm Profiles
- Software & Technology
- Info on Working as a Graphic Designer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Info on Working as an Animator in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- How to Become an Illustrator in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Info on Working as a Mobile App Developer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Tips on Becoming a Multimedia Editor in Sioux Falls, South Dakota