Find a school near you!
Animation? Design? Game Art?
Oklahoma Graphic Design Schools: Most Expensive to Least Expensive
Oklahoma is home to 60 Title IV colleges. Many offer excellent programs for artists and designers—including graphic designers. While it’s no secret that a college education is expensive (especially at a top-tier school), Title IV status is beneficial for several reasons. For starters, Title IV status means the school is eligible for financial aid programs, which makes them more accessible to students with varying levels of financial need. Next, Title IV status means that the school has met several strict requirements established by the U.S. Department of Education.
Title IV schools (1) have accreditation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, (2) have been in business for at least 2 years, (3) have signed a participation agreement with the Department, (4) grant an associate's degree or higher, and (5) offer a program of at least 300 clock hours in length. While most Oklahoma colleges and universities are considered affordable compared to schools in other states, it still helps that the best are Title IV, so they are accessible to all.
To compare the cost Oklahoma colleges to others across the state, take a look at the most expensive to least expensive schools below and what you can expect to pay. Keep in mind that resident tuition is usually lower than non-resident tuition, and graduate students typically pay more per year than undergraduates do.
Most Expensive Oklahoma Graphic Design Schools
University of Tulsa, Tulsa - Tuition Information: Undergraduate $32,410, graduate $24,840 for the 2012 – 2013 school year.
Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee - Tuition Information: Undergraduate $18,894 for the 2012 – 2013 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $1,902 per year.
Least Expensive Oklahoma Graphic Design Schools
University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $3,774, nonresidents $9,523; graduate residents $4,830, nonresidents $11,443 for the 2011 – 2012 school year. Tuition does not include yearly fees of $916.
Cameron University, Lawton - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $3,672, nonresidents $8,958 for the 2011 - 2012 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $1,188 per year.
Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $3,672, nonresidents $8,520 for the 2011 – 2012 school year. Tuition does not include annual fees of $744.
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $3,443, nonresidents $12,521 for the 2011 – 2012 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $2,947 per year. First-time freshmen who are state residents may choose "lock tuition" rates.
The University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma, Chickasha - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $3,408, nonresidents $9,528 for the 2012 – 2013 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $1,032 per year.
Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Durant - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $3,301 nonresidents $9,072 for the 2011 - 2012 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $541 per year.
Northeastern State University, Tahlequah - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $2,796, nonresidents $8,016 for the 2011 – 2012 school year. Tuition does not include yearly fees of $866.
East Central University, Ada - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $2,755, nonresidents $8,061 for the 2011 – 2012 school year. Tuition does not include annual fees of $976.
Rogers State University, Claremore - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $2,417, nonresidents $7,254 for the 2011 – 2012 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $1,378 per year. First-time freshmen who are state residents may choose "lock tuition" rates.
More Graphic Design related programs to consider:
Oklahoma Graphic Design Scene
According to the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics report (March 27, 2012), Oklahoma is home to 12,770 artists and designers—1,360 are graphic designers. In addition, hundreds of Oklahoma graphic designers freelance, some are independent contractors, and others run their own design studios. While advertising is the most popular choice for aspiring graphic designers, employment growth is expected to be fastest in the computer systems design industry.
Employment growth in computer systems design is expected to average 61 percent for the 2010-2020 decade. At 27 percent, the next fastest growing field for graphic designers is specialized design services, and the third is advertising and public relations at 17 percent. Employment growth for graphic designers overall is expected to average 13 percent overall for the 2010-2020 decade, and salaries are on the rise as well. The national average salary for graphic designer is $43,500, up from $36,680 in 2002. Oklahoma graphic designers average $35,990, up from $31,630 in 2002.
Oklahoma is home to more than 500 technology firms, hundreds of creative agencies, and more than 3,000 publishing and printing companies. Just a few employment options include Ackerman McQueen (Oklahoma City), Cubic Creative (Tulsa), Striegel (Broken Arrow), Third Degree Advertising (Oklahoma City), Tate Publishing (Mustang), and Artisan Publishers (Muskogee).
- Find a School
- Animation Programs
- Find Schools with Animation, Design, & Gaming Programs
- Schools & Colleges
- College Outreach
- Alabama - Kentucky
- Alabama Animation Schools
- Alaska Animation Schools
- Arizona Animation Schools
- Arkansas Animation Schools
- California Animation Schools
- Colorado Animation Schools
- Connecticut Animation Schools
- Delaware Animation Schools
- District of Columbia (DC)
- Florida Animation Schools
- Georgia Animation Schools
- Hawaii Animation Schools
- Idaho Animation Schools
- Illinois Animation Schools
- Indiana Animation Schools
- Iowa Animation Schools
- Kansas Animation Schools
- Kentucky Animation Schools
- Louisiana - North Dakota
- Louisiana Animation Schools
- Maine Animation Schools
- Maryland Animation Schools
- Massachusetts Animation Schools
- Michigan Animation Schools
- Minnesota Animation Schools
- Mississippi Animation Schools
- Missouri Animation Schools
- Montana Animation Schools
- Nebraska Animation Schools
- Nevada Animation Schools
- New Hampshire Animation Schools
- New Jersey Animation Schools
- New Mexico Animation Schools
- New York Animation Schools
- North Carolina Animation Schools
- North Dakota Animation Schools
- Ohio - Wyoming
- Ohio Animation Schools
- Oklahoma Animation Schools
- Oregon Animation Schools
- Pennsylvania Animation Schools
- Rhode Island Animation Schools
- South Carolina Animation Schools
- South Dakota Animation Schools
- Tennessee Animation Schools
- Texas Animation Schools
- Utah Animation Schools
- Vermont Animation Schools
- Virginia Animation Schools
- Washington Animation Schools
- West Virginia Animation Schools
- Wisconsin Animation Schools
- Wyoming Animation Schools
- Careers in Animation
- Animation Firm Profiles
- Software & Technology
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University - Graphic Design Program Profile
- List of Oklahoma Schools with Graphic Design Degree Programs
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Durant - Graphic Design and Visual Media Programs Profile
- Top Graphic Design Programs in Oklahoma
- List of Articles Profiling Oklahoma Schools with Animation, Design, and Gaming Programs