Find a school near you!
Animation? Design? Game Art?
South Dakota Graphic Design Schools: Most Expensive to Least Expensive
Colleges obtain and lose accreditation so often that the number of schools per state tends to fluctuate. According to the Institute of Education Sciences (IES), as of July 2012, the State of South Dakota was home to 25 Title IV degree-granting institutions. This is one of the smallest collections of colleges on the U.S. The good news is, the State of South Dakota values quality over quantity, so you will find some of the best schools in the nation within the borders of scenic Mount Rushmore State.
To become a Title IV school, a school must (1) have accreditation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, (2) grant an associate's degree or higher, (3) offer a program of at least 300 clock hours in length, (4) be in business for at least 2 years, and (5) sign a participation agreement with the Department. Several South Dakota Title IV’s offer excellent graphic design programs at a manageable cost. Even schools that are seemingly out of reach for students with financial need are accessible thanks to Title IV status. All Title IV schools are eligible for federal financial aid programs.
If you are ready to compare the costs of South Dakota graphic design schools to others in the state and across the U.S., take a look our list of most expensive to least expensive schools below. Keep in mind that resident tuition is typically lower than non-resident tuition, and graduate students usually pay more than undergraduates.
Most Expensive South Dakota Graphic Design Schools
University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls - Tuition Information: Undergraduate $22,970 for the 2012 – 2013 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $870 per year.
Dakota Wesleyan University, Mitchell – Tuition Information: Undergraduate $21,750 for the 2012 – 2013 school year.
Mount Mary College, Yankton - Tuition Information: Undergraduate $20,300 for the 2012 – 2013 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $1,830 per year.
Least Expensive South Carolina Graphic Design Schools
South Dakota State University, Brookings – Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $2,743, nonresidents $4,115 for the 2011 – 2012 school year. Tuition does not include fees of $3,458 per year.
University of South Dakota, Vermillion - Tuition Information: Undergraduate residents $2,743, nonresidents $4,115; graduate residents $4,723, nonresidents $9,997 for the 2011 – 2012 school year. Tuition does not include undergraduate fees of $3,024 or graduate fees of $3,046 per year.
More South Dakota Graphic Design related programs to consider:
South Dakota Graphic Design Scene
South Dakota is home to 5,530 salaried artists and designers. According to the latest report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (March 27, 2012), 250 are graphic designers. Members of this lucky bunch are likely to be found working in advertising, production, public relations, publishing, or web design. Some may work in the technology sector or education as well. The state is home to more than 100 technology firms, dozens of learning centers, secondary schools, and community colleges, more than 100 creative agencies, and dozens of printing and publishing companies.
Just a few employment options in the production world include Liquid Ice Entertainment (Newell) and Vision Video Inc., Steam Digital, and Epic Multimedia (Sioux Falls). If you’re interested in working at a creative agency, some of the most popular options include Keyframe (Brookings), Lawrence & Schiller (Sioux Falls, Deadwood), Weave Your Design (Belle Fourche), Digital Designs (Spearfish), MAS Media (Volga) and Interactive Media and Spore Creative (Rapid City).
- Find a School
- Animation Programs
- Find Schools with Animation, Design, & Gaming Programs
- Schools & Colleges
- College Outreach
- Alabama - Kentucky
- Alabama Animation Schools
- Alaska Animation Schools
- Arizona Animation Schools
- Arkansas Animation Schools
- California Animation Schools
- Colorado Animation Schools
- Connecticut Animation Schools
- Delaware Animation Schools
- District of Columbia (DC)
- Florida Animation Schools
- Georgia Animation Schools
- Hawaii Animation Schools
- Idaho Animation Schools
- Illinois Animation Schools
- Indiana Animation Schools
- Iowa Animation Schools
- Kansas Animation Schools
- Kentucky Animation Schools
- Louisiana - North Dakota
- Louisiana Animation Schools
- Maine Animation Schools
- Maryland Animation Schools
- Massachusetts Animation Schools
- Michigan Animation Schools
- Minnesota Animation Schools
- Mississippi Animation Schools
- Missouri Animation Schools
- Montana Animation Schools
- Nebraska Animation Schools
- Nevada Animation Schools
- New Hampshire Animation Schools
- New Jersey Animation Schools
- New Mexico Animation Schools
- New York Animation Schools
- North Carolina Animation Schools
- North Dakota Animation Schools
- Ohio - Wyoming
- Ohio Animation Schools
- Oklahoma Animation Schools
- Oregon Animation Schools
- Pennsylvania Animation Schools
- Rhode Island Animation Schools
- South Carolina Animation Schools
- South Dakota Animation Schools
- Tennessee Animation Schools
- Texas Animation Schools
- Utah Animation Schools
- Vermont Animation Schools
- Virginia Animation Schools
- Washington Animation Schools
- West Virginia Animation Schools
- Wisconsin Animation Schools
- Wyoming Animation Schools
- Careers in Animation
- Animation Firm Profiles
- Software & Technology