Find a school near you....
Animation. Graphic Design. Game Art.
Texas A&M University, Department of Visualization - Visualization and Fine Arts Programs Profile
Bachelor of Science in Visualization, Master of Science in Visualization, Master of Fine Arts in Visualization.
Undergraduate: Fall-Spring 2013-2014 Tuition & Fees + Books & Supplies = $9,752 for Texas Residents and $26,372 for non-residents (based upon 15 credit hours per semester).
Graduate: Fall-Spring 2013-2014 Tuition & Fees + Books & Supplies = $7,248 for Texas Residents and $13,406 for non-residents (based upon 9 credit hours per semester).
Scope of Program:
Visualization is the study of the art and science used in the creation of traditional and digital visual communication. The Bachelor of Science in Visualization is a four-year undergraduate degree requiring a minimum of 120 credit hours. The degree prepares students for the artistic and technical demands facing digital content creators.
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Visualization program is to engage and develop the student’s visual, intuitive and analytical capabilities through the scientific and aesthetic issues surrounding the use of technology in visual communication. To fulfill its mission, the program requires both a creative spirit and the technical understanding to adapt to the changing demands of the visual industries served by the departmental programs.
The curriculum integrates elements of fine arts, three-dimensional design, scientific inquiry and digital technology to provide a broad, wide-ranging educational experience. The core of the program is the studio experience, which explores the relationship between theory and practice through a variety of exercises and projects using traditional and electronic media. A variety of directed electives allows the student to gain an in-depth understanding in an area of specialization.
The Master of Science in Visualization is a 48 credit-hour program which includes a written thesis. The core curriculum of the MS-Visualization program is designed to give students a basic grasp of the artistic, scientific, cognitive, and technical foundations of information technology, imaging, and media systems enabling modern-day renaissance artist/scientists. MS-Visualization students are highly sought after as Technical Directors in animation and visual effects and Technical Artists in the games industry.
The Master of Fine Arts in Visualization is a 60 credit hour program designed for students seeking a computing technology-infused terminal degree in the visual arts applicable to employment in digital media fields, working as a contemporary artist, and teaching in post-secondary digital arts programs.
Number of Full-Time Faculty Members: 13. Number of Part-Time or Adjunct Faculty Members or Instructors : 4
230 in the undergraduate program.
75 combined in the graduate programs.
Additional Info: We focus on developing both technical abilities and aesthetic sensibilities. Therefore, a well-prepared student for our programs should have at least basic competencies in maths (calculus, linear algebra), sciences (physics, computing), drawing, color theory, and design.
- Animation Programs
- Schools & Colleges
- College Outreach
- Alabama - Kentucky
- Alabama Animation Schools
- Alaska Animation Schools
- Arizona Animation Schools
- Arkansas Animation Schools
- California Animation Schools
- Colorado Animation Schools
- Connecticut Animation Schools
- Delaware Animation Schools
- District of Columbia (DC)
- Florida Animation Schools
- Georgia Animation Schools
- Hawaii Animation Schools
- Idaho Animation Schools
- Illinois Animation Schools
- Indiana Animation Schools
- Iowa Animation Schools
- Kansas Animation Schools
- Kentucky Animation Schools
- Louisiana - North Dakota
- Louisiana Animation Schools
- Maine Animation Schools
- Maryland Animation Schools
- Massachusetts Animation Schools
- Michigan Animation Schools
- Minnesota Animation Schools
- Mississippi Animation Schools
- Missouri Animation Schools
- Montana Animation Schools
- Nebraska Animation Schools
- Nevada Animation Schools
- New Hampshire Animation Schools
- New Jersey Animation Schools
- New Mexico Animation Schools
- New York Animation Schools
- North Carolina Animation Schools
- North Dakota Animation Schools
- Ohio - Wyoming
- Ohio Animation Schools
- Oklahoma Animation Schools
- Oregon Animation Schools
- Pennsylvania Animation Schools
- Rhode Island Animation Schools
- South Carolina Animation Schools
- South Dakota Animation Schools
- Tennessee Animation Schools
- Texas Animation Schools
- Utah Animation Schools
- Vermont Animation Schools
- Virginia Animation Schools
- Washington Animation Schools
- West Virginia Animation Schools
- Wisconsin Animation Schools
- Wyoming Animation Schools
- Animation Firm Profiles
- Careers in Animation
- Software & Technology
- Purdue University - Visual Communications Design & Computer Graphics Technology Programs Profile
- University of Illinois at Chicago - Electronic Visualization & Graphic Design Programs Profile
- Virtual Modeling and Design Degrees: What Coursework is Included in a Typical Virtual Modeling and Design Program?
- University of Cincinnati - Art, Electronic Art, Graphic Communications Design and Design in Visualization Programs Profile Profile
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs - Game Design and Development Programs Profile