Over the last year, we’ve had the pleasure of announcing a number of animation program launches for animators seeking degrees at all levels. We’ve told you about newly developed programs that also offer certificates, diplomas, and other alternative options, as well as schools that have launched single animation courses at the advanced level for those looking to enhance their undergraduate degree or career.
While we don’t have any new program launches to tell you about this month (the semester is mere weeks away), we would like to give you quick a recap of some of the programs that will be starting soon. Some are brand new, while others may have completed their first year or so. Next, we’ll tell you about a top animation school that’s still accepting applications for Fall 2018, plus we have some good news about an awesome pre-college program for aspiring young animators that we think you will appreciate. Read on.
Animation Programs Fall 2018
- Azusa Pacific University – Azusa, California, BA Animation and Visual Effects
- Borough of Manhattan Community College – City University of New York, New York, New York, AS Animation and Motion Graphics
- County College of Morris – Randolph, New Jersey, AFA Animation
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Daytona Beach, Florida, Prescott, Arizona, BS Simulation, Games and Animation
- Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University – Grand Rapids, Michigan, BFA Digital Art and Design
- Kennesaw State University – Marietta, Georgia, BFA Digital Animation
- Memphis College of Art – Memphis, Tennessee, BFA Animation
- Nottingham Trent University (UK) – Nottingham, England, UK, BA Animation
- Okanagan College – Kelowana, British Columbia, Canada, Diploma Animation
- Red Deer College – Red Deer, Alberta, Canada, BAA Animation and Visual Effects
- SAE Institute - Cape Town, South Africa, BA Motion Design and Animation
- Tulane University – New Orleans, Louisiana, BA Digital Design, Specialization Game Art & Animation
- University of Edinburgh – Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, BA Animation
- Vancouver Animation School – Vancouver, BC Canada, Specialized Diploma in Matte Painting
- Wichita State University – Wichita, Kansas, BAA Media Arts
Cavalier Animation & Media College (Bangalore, India) and The DAVE School (Orlando, Florida) have a number of new offerings for undergraduates. Cavalier now offers BFA and BS degrees in Animation, a Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA), and Diplomas in 3D Animation, Visual Effects, Multimedia Design, and UI & UX Designing. The school also offers Short Courses (1-3 months) in Basics of 3D Animation, Digital Illustrations, Visual Effects – After Effects, Visual Effects – NUKE, and Web Animation and Scripting with Animate.
The DAVE School has seven new Concentration Tracks for the Online Bachelor’s in Programming. Options include Game Design, Graphics Programming, Mixed Reality Development, Mobile App Development, Simulation, Game Programming, and Game Productivity.
- Clemson University – Clemson, South Carolina, MS Digital Production Arts (MS DPA)
- London College of Communication – London, England, UK, Accelerated MA in 3D Computer Animation
- Royal College of Art – London, UK, Digital Direction MA
- University of Technology Sydney – Sydney, Australia, Master of Animation and Visualization (MAV)
- Vermont College of Fine Arts – Montpelier, Vermont, MFA Film
Fairleigh Dickinson University (Madison, New Jersey) has several new graduate offerings for animators. Options include MA and MFA degrees, a five-year BA/MA option, and a six-year BA/MFA option with Concentrations in 3D Character Animation, Visual Effects, and Video Games.
It’s not too late to apply to Full Sail University’s BS in Computer Animation. Two options are available for the program—the 20-month campus program and the 29-month online program. Course highlights include Character Design and Creation, Character Rigging, and Animation Production. Classes begin September 2018 thru December 2018, so apply now!
Finally, the School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York has announced the Fall 2018 course line-up for its pre-college program, and the options are plentiful for aspiring young animators. They include:
- Computer Art: Computer Animation with Maya
- Experimental Video
- Figure Drawing
- Film Production
Fall 2018 courses are scheduled to begin Saturday, September 22, 2018 and conclude Saturday, December 1, 2018. It is possible for students to register for two courses during the fall program and registration is open now. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.