Under the wing of Avid Technology, Pinnacle Studio comes with a long list of features that should please digital video artists of every caliber. Editing AVCHD and H.264 format video is no problem, nor is backing up your work thanks to the new archive and restore system. Motion Tilter allows you to easily create animated titles and Red Giant offers many visual effects options. Stop motion, fixes for shaky cam footage, and surround sound support are all present in this top of the line product.
Pinnacle Studio HD System Requirements:
Users will need Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (Service Pack 2), or Windows Vista 7 to run this software. It’s also necessary to have an Intel Pentium processor or AMD Athlon 1.8 GHz (2.4 GHz or higher recommended), though it’s important to know that users will need at least an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz for AVCHD, and at least an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz or Intel Core i7 for AVCHD 1920.
Other system requirements are 1 GB of RAM (2 GB RAM for AVCHD), a DirextX 9 or 10 compatible graphics card with 64 MB (128 MB recommended, 256 MB required for AVCHD), a DirectX 9 compatible sound card, 3.2 GB of free disk space, and a DVD-ROM drive to install the software.
Pinnacle Studio HD Import Formats:
Pinnacle Studio HD supports these video import formats: AVCHD, AVCHD Lite, BD Blu-ray, DV, HDV, AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DivX, MPEG-4, 3GP (MPEG-4), WMV, non-encrypted DVD titles (including DVD-VR/+VR), QuickTime MOV (DV, MPEG-4, H.264), and DivX Plus MKV. The supported audio import formats are MP3, MPA, WAV, AC3, and WMA. As for graphic import formats, it supports BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PSD, TGA, TIF, WMF, PNG, J2K.
Pinnacle Studio HD supports these export formats: AVCHD, AVCHD Lite, DVD (DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, or DVD+RW, dual layer), S-VCD, Video CD (VCD), DV, HDV, AVI, DivX, RealVideo 8, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Flash, 3GP, WAV, MP3, QuickTime MOV, and DivX Plus MKV. It also can export to YouTube HD, Apple iPod, Sony PSP/PS3, Nintendo Wii, and Microsoft Xbox compatible formats. All exports support Dolby Digital 2-channel and 5.1-channel.
Pinnacle Studio HD v.15 Features:
Here are the key features that Pinnacle Systems lists for Pinnacle Studio HD v.15:
- Archive & restore feature makes it easy to back up all project data to a single location for instant restoration in the event of a computer crash.
- Support for DivX Plus HD (.MKV) lets you export projects in today’s most popular media exchange format.
- Export projects directly to YouTube HD and QuickTime HD formats.
- Easily import and export files in the format used by popular AVCHD camcorders.
- Intel Media SDK integration yields faster performance with recent generations of Intel processors, especially when scrubbing and playing back H.264-based formats like AVCHD.
- Hollywood FX Volumes 1, 2, and 3 provide over 1,000 additional premium transitions & effects.
- Premium Pack Volume 2 offers 54 DVD menu templates, 81 titles, and 79 sound effects with various themes.
- Creative Pack Volume 1 provides over 32 DVD menus, 91 montage templates, and 28 titles with various themes.
- Professional effects from award winning visual effects company Red Giant
Please note that some of these features are only available in Pinnacle Studio Ultimate or Pinnacle Studio Ultimate Collection, and may not be present in the basic version. To see which version if right for you, make sure you compare the different versions. If you already have a previous iteration of Pinnacle Studio, make sure you pay the upgrade fee instead of paying the full price for the new software version.