You have continued to impress us over the last ten animation contests with your skills and creativity! There are a few changes to the rules this time, so please read carefully to ensure you don’t get disqualified.
Your animation still needs to be at least ten seconds long, use at least ten seconds from this free Kevin MacLeod song, and follow the simple rules outlined below. Watch this contest video before reading the rules, and then enter the contest here. Free 3D animation rigs are available at the bottom of this page, but every style of animation is welcome.
We want to see what our creative community can come up with so the animation rules are simple:
- Must be a new animation. Past animations may not be submitted.
- Must include at least one zoo animal.
- May not use any raw video or audio clips from any film, but you can do your own voiceovers.
- Must use at least ten seconds of audio from the free Kevin MacLeod song, Fluffing A Duck.
- Submissions must be uploaded to YouTube and submitted here
- All animation styles are allowed! 2D, 3D, stop motion, Lego, Minecraft, etc., but nothing offensive or R rated.
- Winning criteria: cleverness, precision in matching the audio to the animation, entertainment value, evidence of animation skill, and including challenging animations. Animation quantity and video length are no longer part of our winning criteria.
- Contest is available to artists from all countries! Winners paid by check or through PayPal.
- Copyrighted art (characters, rigs, props, music, etc.) are not allowed. Free rigs are listed below.
- Your video’s credits need to include the 3 lines of Creative Commons text from each Kevin MacLeod song you use. Without it in your credits, you’ll be disqualified.
- If you use any free rigs or art assets, you must credit them at the end of your video.
- Animation Career Review claims no copyright to any of the audio or video in any of the contest videos, but by submitting your entry you give us the right to use your animation for promotional purposes in the future. All entries will be publicly displayed on our site.
- You can enter more than once! One video can only win one prize, but one person can win multiple prizes if their multiple entries win different awards. Winners will be notified by email.
- You may not use premade animations (some software comes with these). You are allowed to use premade characters and rigs, but they must be listed in the credits.
- We reserve the right to disqualify videos that do not follow the rules.
- All entries are reviewed by moderators before they're added to the contest gallery. This process may take a few days so don't worry if you don't see your submission displayed right away.
- Deadline for entry is 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on June 30, 2018.
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $250
- 3rd Place: $100
We may award $50 to $100 for some or all of these bonus categories: 4th Place, 5th Place, Most Humorous, Most Emotional, Most Artistic, Best Secondary Animations, Best Facial Animations, Best Concept, Best Story, Most Festive, and Best Presentation.
Free Contest Music:
There are the 3 lines of Creative Commons text that you need to include in your video’s credits. If you want to use the song from the contest video, this is what it would look like:
Fluffing A Duck Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
You may also use other songs or art assets if they are public domain or free to use for commercial purposes, but they still need to be listed in your credits. We will not accept contest entries with insufficient credits. If something doesn’t say it can be used for commercial purposes, you probably can’t use it.
Free 3D Animation Rigs:
Below are two animation rigs that you are allowed to use for contest and portfolio purposes, but you must credit them if you use them in your contest video. Failure to do so is grounds for disqualification and having your video removed from our gallery.
Zoos are exciting, animation is fun, and free money is sweet, so let’s see what you can create! Good luck and have fun! Make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for updates, and to share your progress with our online community.
View Past Contest Results: